CUBE offers services and support to the children of Bolivia free of charge. As a result, we depend completely on donations to pay our staff salaries and meet operating expenses.
If you are not able to make a donation, we hope you will consider helping to raise awareness.
This could be as simple as learning a bit about the topic and then sharing that information with others in conversation; raise the topic at lunch, mention it with friends in the car, or wherever you happen to be. This is a tough topic, and you may meet some resistance. Many people, though, will appreciate the information and learn something from the discussion. You may find that people are simply waiting for someone to raise the topic so they can break the silence of what has happened in their own lives. In our research, children who were sexually abused and never disclosed that abuse, told us that the most helpful thing in breaking the silence would be to have an informed person who listens
and believes them. Many people have been hurt and are suffering in silence. They need to know that they are not alone. Even if you can’t fully understand what they are enduring, you can still offer your support and love, and refer them to a resource for additional help. In order for CUBE to continue helping victims of child and adolescent sexual abuse, we need all the help we can get.
“The worst of the bad things is the silence of the good people.”
“We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented”
- Elie Wiesel
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silenceof our friends."
"History will have to record the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the vitriolic words and other violent actions of the bad people but the appalling silence and indifference of the good people. Our generation will have to repent not only the words and acts of the children of darkness but also for the fears and apathy of the children of light."
10 Ways You Can Help
- Volunteer for A Breeze of Hope in the US or in Bolivia
- Set up a workshop for your organization on one of the topics mentioned on the “What we do” page.
- Host an awareness raising conversation at your school, house, place of work, or other location.
- Reach out to your friends and family on behalf of A Breeze of Hope
- Wear a Blue Ribbon on your shirt, the international symbol against child and adolescent sexual violence
- Like us on facebook
- Make an awareness poster for our website
- Share your thoughts with us about making a positive difference in the lives of child and adolescent victims of sexual violence
- Invite A Breeze of Hope to speak at your school, college, or university
A Breeze of Hope
If you or someone you know needs help, please call the Rape Abuse and Incest Network at . You are not alone.